Welcome to the website for the MUSIC Model of Academic Motivation. Dr. Brett Jones developed the MUSIC model to provide instructors with research-based strategies for motivating students (Jones, 2009). The five key components of the music model serve as a way to organize motivational teaching strategies into understandable, actionable items for teachers.
The purpose of this website is to provide resources for instructors and researchers interested in learning more about the MUSIC model. This site includes:
- information about the MUSIC Model of Academic Motivation
- motivational strategies for instructors
- research about the MUSIC model
- surveys that can be used to measure students’ and teachers’ motivation
- videos related to motivation
- and much more…
If you have comments or suggestions about this website or the MUSIC Model of Academic Motivation, please email Dr. Jones at email@example.com.
The photo at the top of this page was taken by Brett Jones in Blacksburg, VA, near the Virginia Tech campus.